Can I just say that today has been an amazing day?! - because it has! I have asked God several times today "who am I that you have given me all of this?" I can honestly say that I have never felt more blessed! I am humbled as I consider all that I "have" to be thankful for. I could count my blessings for hours (although I will spare you), but I will stick to a few quite obvious ones...
I was blessed nearly 12 years ago when I married my best friend. I am so thankful that Chris loves me when I am doing "everything right" as well as when I am at my "ugliest". The first few weeks with Amy certainly brought out some of my ugliest moments (not because of Amy - but the frustrations and doubts about my own abilities to give her what she needed), but Chris continued to display an unconditional love towards me.
Nine and a half years ago God chose again to bestow blessing on my life and entrusted Ashleigh Ciera to me. There are often days that I just pray that she will know the depth of my love for her. Don't we all have those days when we look at our oldest and quietly wonder if they will ever know how much we DIDN'T know when they were little? God is faithful and has allowed Ashleigh to flourish; much more to the credit of His goodness than my mothering.
Nearly 7 1/2 years ago our family grew again; it was time to balance the gender scales in our home and so Austin Christopher was born. A son. What is it about a son that brings out the mama hen in us? I never knew that a child could actually have their eye super-glued closed and still have any chance to see again! I never know that I could pray that God would break his strong will, but leave his strong and adventurous spirit in tact.
And here I am today - nearly six weeks after God chose to grow our family at least once more. A precious and scared little girl was placed in our arms and our lives will never be the same. Amy-Hui Carmichael is not the same little girl that we brought home with us from China one month ago today. She is growing into the little girl that I know God always planned for her to be. She smiles and giggles. She chases her brother and begs ice cream from her sister. She loves to sing and dance. Just when we think she can't "grow" anymore...
The blessings go on and on...
Here are some pictures from this weekend. So much to see and do! So much love to share!
I was blessed nearly 12 years ago when I married my best friend. I am so thankful that Chris loves me when I am doing "everything right" as well as when I am at my "ugliest". The first few weeks with Amy certainly brought out some of my ugliest moments (not because of Amy - but the frustrations and doubts about my own abilities to give her what she needed), but Chris continued to display an unconditional love towards me.
Nine and a half years ago God chose again to bestow blessing on my life and entrusted Ashleigh Ciera to me. There are often days that I just pray that she will know the depth of my love for her. Don't we all have those days when we look at our oldest and quietly wonder if they will ever know how much we DIDN'T know when they were little? God is faithful and has allowed Ashleigh to flourish; much more to the credit of His goodness than my mothering.
Nearly 7 1/2 years ago our family grew again; it was time to balance the gender scales in our home and so Austin Christopher was born. A son. What is it about a son that brings out the mama hen in us? I never knew that a child could actually have their eye super-glued closed and still have any chance to see again! I never know that I could pray that God would break his strong will, but leave his strong and adventurous spirit in tact.
And here I am today - nearly six weeks after God chose to grow our family at least once more. A precious and scared little girl was placed in our arms and our lives will never be the same. Amy-Hui Carmichael is not the same little girl that we brought home with us from China one month ago today. She is growing into the little girl that I know God always planned for her to be. She smiles and giggles. She chases her brother and begs ice cream from her sister. She loves to sing and dance. Just when we think she can't "grow" anymore...
The blessings go on and on...
Here are some pictures from this weekend. So much to see and do! So much love to share!
Amy's smiles just keep coming
cousins Grayson, Ashleigh, Amy and Austin
Amy enjoying her first parade at the River Festival
Chris and I standing before our church family; dedicating her to the Lord on Mother's Day

1 comment:
What a beautiful family! God is awesome...
Post a Comment