We just had the most awesome weekend with 28 junior high kids! Our youth group went on an extended weekend trip to Oklahoma City Friday through Sunday.
We drove down on Friday morning and did a service project at the Food Bank Warehouse near the airport. We had a blast! And I was SO proud of our kids. They worked so hard and didn't complain. We helped with the weekend packback food program for kids and also sorted canned goods.
Saturday we "enjoyed" a day at Frontier City. I use the term "enjoyed" loosely because it was SO STINKIN' HOT! We went to Frontier City to enjoy a concert in the evening, but didn't make it that long :) We ended up leaving the part early and going to the hotel to swim and relax. A side note about my Frontier City experience: I rode all three roller coasters!!! And, I took our youth intern Jodie with me on all of them; she had never ridden a coaster before. It's funny how I was more adventurous when I was younger, then I hit a "scared" stage and wouldn't do anything that was risky. Now I am doing all kinds of things that push me out of my comfort zone!
The biggest reason I posted this picture and wanted to write about our weekend is because I wanted to share about these kids. I love them all so much. We brought Amy with us to OKC (although my dad and step-mom came to OKC to help with all the kids). My junior high "kids" love my kids and that makes mixing all my kids so much easier. The junior high kids prayed with us as we waited for Amy; and they were at the airport to welcome us home from China. They have all been so understanding as we have helped Amy transition at home. I have not been giving them 100% since we have been home and yet, they are so understanding.
Here's a picture of my "kids". They are awesome!
We drove down on Friday morning and did a service project at the Food Bank Warehouse near the airport. We had a blast! And I was SO proud of our kids. They worked so hard and didn't complain. We helped with the weekend packback food program for kids and also sorted canned goods.
Saturday we "enjoyed" a day at Frontier City. I use the term "enjoyed" loosely because it was SO STINKIN' HOT! We went to Frontier City to enjoy a concert in the evening, but didn't make it that long :) We ended up leaving the part early and going to the hotel to swim and relax. A side note about my Frontier City experience: I rode all three roller coasters!!! And, I took our youth intern Jodie with me on all of them; she had never ridden a coaster before. It's funny how I was more adventurous when I was younger, then I hit a "scared" stage and wouldn't do anything that was risky. Now I am doing all kinds of things that push me out of my comfort zone!
The biggest reason I posted this picture and wanted to write about our weekend is because I wanted to share about these kids. I love them all so much. We brought Amy with us to OKC (although my dad and step-mom came to OKC to help with all the kids). My junior high "kids" love my kids and that makes mixing all my kids so much easier. The junior high kids prayed with us as we waited for Amy; and they were at the airport to welcome us home from China. They have all been so understanding as we have helped Amy transition at home. I have not been giving them 100% since we have been home and yet, they are so understanding.
Here's a picture of my "kids". They are awesome!

No comments:
Post a Comment