A little bride, Mr. Incredible and my favorite little monkey...
I don't know how y'all feel about Halloween; heck, I don't even know how I really feel about Halloween. What I do know is that when I was little I dressed up and went door to door around the neighborhood (and a few other select neighborhoods that gave out REALLY good stuff!) saying "trick or treat". I filled my bags with candy, had it searched by mom and dad and ate so much my belly ached...
This I do know:
We carved Jack-o-Lanterns on Monday night and it was fun! We planned our creations and carefully carved them. We lit them with candles and "ooo'd and awe'd" as they were illuminated on our kitchen counter. We drank hot apple cider. We watched the "Great Pumpkin" Charlie Brown special.
Last night we dressed the kids up and went to a church hosted "Fall Bash" party. We had so much fun watching our little monkey play; watching our nearly 10 year old try not to have too much fun (for fear that it might not be cool); and watching our little "incredible" guy zoom through an obstacle course.
The jury is still out. All I know is that my kids had fun and we spent some awesome (and well needed) time as a family...
Of five.
I don't know how y'all feel about Halloween; heck, I don't even know how I really feel about Halloween. What I do know is that when I was little I dressed up and went door to door around the neighborhood (and a few other select neighborhoods that gave out REALLY good stuff!) saying "trick or treat". I filled my bags with candy, had it searched by mom and dad and ate so much my belly ached...
This I do know:
We carved Jack-o-Lanterns on Monday night and it was fun! We planned our creations and carefully carved them. We lit them with candles and "ooo'd and awe'd" as they were illuminated on our kitchen counter. We drank hot apple cider. We watched the "Great Pumpkin" Charlie Brown special.
Last night we dressed the kids up and went to a church hosted "Fall Bash" party. We had so much fun watching our little monkey play; watching our nearly 10 year old try not to have too much fun (for fear that it might not be cool); and watching our little "incredible" guy zoom through an obstacle course.
The jury is still out. All I know is that my kids had fun and we spent some awesome (and well needed) time as a family...
Of five.
Ashleigh, Austin and Amy - showing off the pumpkin art!
Amy the Monkey and Grayson the Elephant

No comments:
Post a Comment