So I guess these will have to do :)
Seriously - these are some great pictures, but none of them are "good" in showing everyone's faces.
Here is a picture of the "little" girls wrestling Daddy on the kitchen floor on Tuesday morning.

And here are all my kids (I love, love, LOVE the way that sounds!) playing in the wading pool. I know - they are all dressed! The "bigs" were running around the backyard with the "little" girls chasing them around. Amy and Anna decided to splash their hands in the water. The bigs got in and grabbed the littles. Austin is actually trying to make his belly button "talk" (oh, dear - the things he is teaching the littles...) and Amy is fascinated!
It was a matter of minutes before Amy and Anna were naked and splashing and Ash and Austin were still clothed and SOAKED!
Seriously - these are some great pictures, but none of them are "good" in showing everyone's faces.
Here is a picture of the "little" girls wrestling Daddy on the kitchen floor on Tuesday morning.
And here are all my kids (I love, love, LOVE the way that sounds!) playing in the wading pool. I know - they are all dressed! The "bigs" were running around the backyard with the "little" girls chasing them around. Amy and Anna decided to splash their hands in the water. The bigs got in and grabbed the littles. Austin is actually trying to make his belly button "talk" (oh, dear - the things he is teaching the littles...) and Amy is fascinated!
It was a matter of minutes before Amy and Anna were naked and splashing and Ash and Austin were still clothed and SOAKED!
My littles playing "nicely" today.
It didn't last long...
A few random observations and thoughts from this still jet lagged Momma hen...
Usually when a three year old gets a new sibling, the said new sibling is a newborn. Newborns hog a lot of Momma's time and attention, but they are still months away from invading the three year old's personal space and taking their toys.
I think that Amy is still doing fairly well, but she is sooooo over "baby Anna". She still likes her (heck - she loves her) but it is really hard for a three year old to share... well... anything! She is testing boundaries and limits like crazy and I am passing the test with flying colors!
Jet lag really, really stinks!
I am so tired of being tired and I am equally tired of being wide awake in the middle of the night! I think the effects are compounded by the fact that I am the only one suffering! Anna isn't even suffering. She slept from 8:30 last night until about 8 this morning! So I push through, because... well, what other choice do I have?
I love being a Momma. I have had some serious time to ponder (mostly in the middle of the night) just how incredibly blessed I am! I am planning and preparing for the coming school year. I am keeping the "bigs" home this year. Insane? Yes. Worth it? Most definately! I have longed to "gather my chicks" together and instill in them the value of family. It is amazing to me that GOD planned that these four children would be siblings... long before he created them. I mean - think about it! Three women gave birth to these four children, and yet, they are siblings. There is some serious signifigance in that! I get excited when I imagine what kind of things GOD has purposed for these four! Wow.
So. I hear Chris pulling up outside with my Oreo Hot Fudge shake from Sonic, so I will wrap it up for now. And just so you know - jet lag makes me silly, but it also makes me think... a lot.


4 comments:
Tami,
I am so glad that you are home and that your family of six is doing well!!! I so hope that with the weekend coming up you can get some rest and catch up on the jet lag!!! Homeschooling this year, what an adventure!! You will do very well!! Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the journey!!! When I look back to when you first got Amy and looking at those sad eyes, well they have left and have been replaced with happy joyful eyes and that is because she has an incredible family who loves her and a God who loves her so much more and I am confident that the same with happen with Anna, we will all look back in the next few months and we will see an young child change and blossom into the child God wants her to be and that will all take place with the love and nurture of a very loving family!!!
Tami,
I was interested to read that you are keeping the big kids home this year....we are doing something similar, even though we have always gone to a great Christian school. There is another Christian school that follows a university, classical education model. My kids will be homeschooled 3 days/wk and in classrooms 2days/wk. With a K, 2nd, and 5th grader, plus our 19month old, it will be challenging at times but, like you, I am SOOOO looking forward to having them all home with me! I will anxiously follow your blog when school starts to see how it is going and how your structure your day. Email if you'd like to discuss homeschooling with little ones around at tanya@fiferfamily.com
Blessings,
Tanya (Dillon mom)
Cute pictures. Looks like you are having fun (at least some of the time)! How did the dentist go today?
Oh, the dentist...
That actually went well. The two bigs don't have any cavities :)
Anna is a little train wreck, though, with her drooling and runny nose. I think she has a cold or something. Austin is laying on the couch now with a fever and headache - like Ash did on Wednesday. Who's next?
LOL!
Post a Comment