I love Sundays.
Somehow - even with 4 kids - we still manage to get where we are going on time. I always thought that once you hit that number, you were just late everywhere! We still manage to get to church by 8:15 and THAT is no small feat!
Amy was hilarious this morning. I ironed these adorable little matching dresses for the little girls late last night. The dresses have a LOT of little intricate details that require ironing (which I LOVE to do!!!). This morning Amy said that she didn't want to wear that dress - that she wanted a different one. I am sooooo sorry Amy; I ironed it and you ARE wearing it!
We had a pretty busy day today. We had church this morning, of course. It was our last week teaching Sunday School. I have taught junior high Sunday school for 5 years (with the occasional break for Summer interns) and it is going to feel wierd to actually GO to a Sunday school class (once we resume them in September).
After church we grabbed a quick bite for lunch and then home for HAPPY NAPPY!!! I managed to squeeze in a little one :) and then it was off again...
We had a double wedding reception this afternoon. Two brothers - Andy and Toby - have weddings this summer; one already married and one will wed next month. Their folks hosted a reception at church so that we could celebrate with the couples (since both weddings are out of state). It was great to see the happy couples, but even more than that, it was SOOOOOO awesome to see Mom and Dad (of the grooms) so proud of their sons and the wonderful brides they have chosen.
Then it was off to shop and eat dinner.
I have to share my little "find" from today. I wanted a new pair of shoes for yet ANOTHER wedding that we are attending next Saturday. I was thinking about something... ummmm... sensible. After all - mothers of four have to have sensible shoes - right? Wrong! I opted for some terribly impractical Candies red patent leather, open toe pumps! I put them on and they were PERFECT! I just can't wait to wear them!
In general, I have been so afraid of taking four kids out to eat. I must say, though, that these kids are awesome and I wonder what I was so worried about! We went to Famous Dave's tonight and the kids did great. I ate WAAAAAAY too much!
So - I wanna share my heart...
people keep asking how Anna is "adjusting". I don't really know how to answer that question. YES - she is doing awesome as far as her comfort level; but that is just her personality. She is laid back and is generally a pretty happy kid. But - as far as her adjusting to us... I think she is starting to finally "get" the fact that I am her Momma and that I am for keeps. At the reception this afternoon, Austin took Anna's hand and led her off to introduce her to someone. She met the lady and then looked up for me and came - smiling - right to me. It thrills me that it appears that she is finally starting to like me (LOL) and see me as a more permanent part of her life.
So - I guess overall - Anna is adjusting well.
I have decided not to stress about it. Once again - none of this surprises GOD. He is fully aware of just how long this process of Anna's adjustment is going to take and I am choosing to trust him with it.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment