It's like a Christmas letter. Without the stress. Or the envelopes. Or the stamps. Or the actual letter!
Anna - What a precious little one my Anna is! Today we had to run to Wally-World and she kept reaching out to hug me! Love it! She has been following me around the house, asking to be picked up. What's a mom to do? Pick her up, of course! Anna still sleeps through the night and wakes up around 8 or 8:30! I am telling you - if the rest of my kids would do that, I wouldn't have to wake up at 5 a.m.! Her hair is growning in a little thicker and her skin looks so much healthier! She loves to take her shoes off and loves to stand on furniture. Argh! She knows that when she is busted for being naughty - she needs to go to the "red chair". I was laughing so hard this morning when she smacked Amy (that ISN'T funny), but then she looked at me and took off running to the "red chair"! I didn't even have to tell her to go or put her there.
Amy - Again - what a precious little one my Amy-Hui is! She is such a blessing to me and she is most certainly my "sunshine". She continues to thrive (in spite of getting smacked by her little sister sometimes) and is finding her new role in our family very well! Amy loves to play with playdough and color. She has taken a recent liking to puzzles; of course she picks ones that are too hard for her and I end up putting them together! We actually made the decision earlier this week that Amy is going to start preschool next week. She is only going two mornings a week. I am torn, but I think that Amy deserves a little something special just for her. She can easily get lost in the shuffle of schooling the older two and just taking care of Anna. I will confess that I am not sure how I feel about it all, but we will try it out. I am going to follow her lead and if it is too soon, I will keep her home.
Austin - This little man is MAJOR into roller coasters right now! Oh my goodness! He talks about them all the time, wants to watch "Ultimate Thrill Rides" on the DVR all the time (in fact - that is what he is doing right now!) and wants to look at roller coaster video online. I don't know where the fascination came from, but he loves it. Unless he has to RIDE a coaster! We are going to Silver Dollar City and Chris is trying to get Austin to ride the Powder Keg with him; Austin wants nothing to do with it! He's pretty funny. He just started piano lessons (again) and is very excited about that. He will also be started rec center outdoor soccer in a few weeks. We are looking forward to the Saturday morning games.
Ashleigh - How is it even possible that Ash is almost 11? Did I miss something? She is the typical "tween" right now: a little 'tude and a lotta fun! I wish we could skip the 'tude part, but I know that it is part of the package. We remain consistent with her and that is what is important. Ash is taking ballet again this year and loves it. She is also going to start flute lessons in a few weeks (we hope) so that she could jump back in at school if/when we send her back. She is also looking forward to being an angel in our church's upcoming "Judgement House" presentation. (Austin and I are also acting in it; Chris is greeting the visitors)
Momma Hen - Still exhausted, I am afraid. But - I continue to be blessed by the effort of homeschooling my peeps. I reflect on the choices that brought me to this "life" that GOD has given me and I can't imagine making any of the choices differently.
Chris - Working. Not a lot, though. He has never been an "overworker". He is faithful to share the joys of work with me, but never burdens our home with the difficulties (I am assuming there are some, since he works with other people). He is an awesome Daddy to these four kids and I fall in love with him more every day.
So that's about it for now. We are busy, but not TOO busy. We have plenty of time together at home and that's what it's all about. Well, that and sharing Christ's amazing love with others!
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment