Saturday, January 05, 2008

for my Dad!

My Dad called the other day and "told" me :) to update my blog. Well, I promise that nothing "exciting" has happened in our family, but for my Dad - here's the update!

We will start back into school on Monday. We had an extra long break with some school mixed in! Disney World and the road trip there and back offered many opportunities to "un" school. My poor kids... They endured many hours of "money talk" as Chris and I read through Dave Ramsey's "The Total Money Makeover". Officially - my kids don't like this Dave Ramsey guy or what he is doing to their parent's spending habits! Chris also talked to the kids about how Disney is a corperation and a little about stock and how they, too, could "own" Disney!

As far as this semester goes, we will be tweaking our daily schedule a little - offering more time during the little girl's "happy nappy" to do some science experiments and more "fun" stuff. As we go through this sememster, Chris and I will be discussing more what our plans for next school year will be. Who knows?

We haven't had much activity on the house. We have shown it once. That is a great thing, because it really served to help me completely trust God with the sale of the home and not stress about it too much. Chris is working fervently and wants to be in the new home by Spring.

We have had some "sickies" in our home. Most of the peeps have had a cold, but thankfully no fever. Anna - bless her heart - has had it the worst. She has had a constant runny nose since she came home from China and adding a cold to her allergies isn't helping. We SHOULD buy stock in Kleenex...

I wanted to offer a plug for a great book I just finished reading! My sis-in-law, Laura (and brother, Adam) gave it to me for Christmas and I just finished it this morniing!



It is wonderful and very thought provoking!

Blessings for the new year!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad you liked the book...you're fast! I haven't finished mine yet. One of my goals for 2008 is to read more books and to read more consistently. Actually to read a little every day, even if it's just a page or two. We'll see...

mommyjoymarie said...

You are too fast! I have only read a few pages!