Monday, March 31, 2008

school today...

Right now Austin is hiding Easter eggs for the little girls while Ashleigh is distracting them upstairs by playing dress-up.
I guess that learning about the KKK and writing letters to our Compassion kids will have to wait until the kids are done.
I love that THE biggest reason I kept the kids home this year was to foster their bond as siblings. We have even managed to learn a few things in the midst of that. What a blessing it has been...

1 comment:

Our Flock of Sheep said...

My mother-in-law sent this email to me and I thought it reminded me of you and the kids:
Teacher Debbie Moon's first graders were discussing a picture of a family. One little boy in the picture had a different hair color than the other members. One of her students suggested that he was adopted.

A little girl said, 'I know all about adoption, I was adopted..'

'What does it mean to be adopted?', asked another child.

'It means', said the girl, 'that you grew in your mommy's heart instead of her tummy!'