Tuesday, March 11, 2008

what? how? are you kidding me?!

I was "wowed" by God last night at Perspectives.

I settled in to listen to our speaker as he lectured on the work left to be done and what our part is. As his first powerpoint flashed on the screen, I thought "hmmm. That missions organization sounds familiar (the one that is affiliated with the church I grew up in). As he talked, he shared how he and his wife had been missionaries in Sierra Leone. Hmmmm. As he talked, I began to connect the dots. Here is the conclusion we came to at break last night.

This was indeed the missionary couple that spoke at my church when I was about 7 years old. They showed a "slide show" (pre powerpoint) and shared their heart for the people they were ministering to. And I left feeling the tug on my heart to missions.

So - there I sat last night - already wondering how I fit into God's plan and now GOd has brought this couple to in some way remind me of that tug.

So maybe today there are more questions than answers. Maybe today I spend the day praying (again) that God might show me more of himself and how he wants to use me TODAY.

Nothing is too hard for God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tag..you're it. ck out my blog.