We closed on both houses yesterday.
We finished moving things out on Tuesday and I literally mopped myself out of the house that night. As I cleaned each room, I praised God for the special memories we have from our home, but I also asked Him to bless the new owner and his family. Even as I think about it, tears are welling up in my eyes...
Miss Amy-Hui in the room that I literally dreamed about. I knew - before we even knew who Amy was - that her room would be yellow and have lots of teddy bears. As her homecoming drew nearer, I handpainted a border around her room: lots of pink hearts and words that would be part of her new life in our family. Words like "family", "daughter", "sister", "home".
Once upon a time Anna's room was an office. Then after Amy came home, it became the guest room. Finally - I was able to prepare it for my baby. I knew it needed a silver chandelier and it should be light blue and purple. It suited her perfectly.
You should have seen this room when we moved in! :) The green shag carpet was great and the walls were glossy yellow. Orange would be a great color for my vibrant daughter, but maybe it would be easier to paint this room if we didn't paint all the way to the ceiling?! Who knew it would turn out so fun and funky!?
My little man Austin in his fun room. The paint wasn't anything special, but you should have seen the bed that took up nearly the entire room when we first moved in! A huge, red Little Tykes race car bed! He traded in that bed for his "tween" loft bed - with desk and dresser a few years ago.
The kids agree - and how can I argue (?) - the the new house is great and we are very excited to make some new memories here.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Such a great idea to take photos of the kids in their former rooms. Congrats on the new home!
Post a Comment