Sunday, May 04, 2008

So, as I am in Atlanta - waiting for our flight - I see a woman pushing a stroller. The little one in the stroller grabs my attention. She is a little fussy and the woman with the stoller looks tired. The baby cannot be consoled. I notice an obvious envelope in the woman's hands "travel documents". Hmmm. I hop up and say hello. "Are you escorting her home?" I ask. "No - I just adopted her." she replied with a smile.
Another little one comes home. She is from Guatemala and her eyes just captured me. She is precious.
As we arrived at the airport I had the familiar surge of emotion as I remember how much it blessed my heart to have friends and family welcome us home. I wasn't even thinking that this woman's family would be greeting her. As I rounded the corner, I saw a big brother meeting his little sister for the first time. I saw a very proud grandma and grampa making up for lost time - snapping several pictures - one after another.
"Congratulations!" Pam and I say to her.
Indeed. God is good. He sets the lonely in families.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Amen and amen! What a wonderful story!