Yesterday - Momma needed a time out. So I took it. Just me, my Diet Mountain Dew (with an energy booster and alertness booster added!), my Kit Kat, Country Living and "Let the Nations Be Glad". It was an awesome time to relax - for maybe the first time all week...
So, it's another lazy Saturday morning and I find myself very nostalgic. As I read about little Zeke and Kora , I can't help but think of how the Father did for Amy and Anna what he has done for these two precious little ones. It is just an amazing thing to see a child placed into a family. It isn't always pretty, but it is always a miracle. Always reason to praise the Father for his amazing love.
We received an email yesterday late afternoon from our adoption agency. Kathy was sharing an urgent need for a family that received approval to adopt this beautfiul 13 year old from China. She turns 14 on June 19 - and would no longer be adoptable after that date (according to Chinese adoption law). They were planning to sell a truck to finance the remaining adoption expenses, but the truck was not selling. They literally have to leave on Thursday to get their daughter or she will not be adopted. They still needed $9,000. An email went out. It was forwarded onto many, many people. Shortly after midnight, all the expenses were covered! What an AMAZING opportunity for people to gather around a family in need and provide EVERY dime they would need! The adoption story this girl will have to share someday...
We are still awaiting our PA (pre-approval), so I still cannot share pictures :( I should say that he is ABSOLUTLEY beautiful and I am pretty smitten. He is chubby faced and has an amazing little mouth.
Our postplacement for Anna was postponed until next week because of the weather Thursday night. It's all for the best anyway because Momma was a little spent and the kids (all four of them) were acting less than "good". It HAD to be the barometric pressure or something, because I have never had all four of them have such an off day at the same time before. Gail called me twice that day. The first time I kept apologizing for the kids in the background. Fighting. Whining. Crying. Screaming. It was funny and it was appalling - all in one.
Our senior high youth group left on a summer missions trip this morning. Please pray for their safety in travels. Lots of people I love are on this trip!
Trying to think if there is anything else...
Nope.
Saturday, June 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment