Saturday, July 05, 2008

the 4th - p.m.

This first picture is for Jody -
Amy did this for hours yesterday! Anna didn't. So I guess *some* little girls can sit for hours and quietly color :)



Chris is such a pyro.
We have a wonderful friendship. A few things cause *disagreement* in our friendship.
Fire is one of them.
I am more than a little afraid of grassfires (maybe it was the one I started when I was 13???).
I am convinced that the only reason he wanted to move to the country was so he could burn his trash.
We were told "If the house is on fire, call ________, but if the field is on fire, call ________"
I already forgot which was which.
I think he was safe last night, though.
Mow the area down. Check.
Soak the area with water. Check.
Build a bonfire. Check.




Did I mention that Chris is a pyro?
Did I mention that kids are facinated with fire?




(But it sure made for some cute pictures!)

I am not real sure what was so fascinating, but
this





is what Amy, Grayson and Anna enjoyed doing last night.
:)
Silly toddlers.

After shooting off fireworks at the burn pile and making smores for a few hours, Joy and I took the four littles back to the house to... well... get away from the fireworks :) We walked in the door and Amy was *begging* to take a bath. Well, that WOULD kill some time?! I of course left the camera out at the bonfire, so you will just have to take my word for it - it was cute! All four of them in my big bathtub...

2 comments:

jody said...

so it's only 'some' of them, huh?

Tami said...

Ashleigh did, too, but Anna's attention span is zilch! I think if I gave her crayons and a blank wall she would work for a few minutes...
:)