Friday, July 04, 2008
one year ago today
(Let's assume no time difference between China and here...)
One year ago today I was in China. Chris was there, too. We had Anna. Amber was along for the ride and taking some fabulous pictures :)
One year ago today I think I did the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life.
I said "goodbye" to Chris and sent him home.
I still remember the emotions of that day. He packed and I was holding back to swelling tears and sobs. As the time grew closer, I just kept telling him how much I was going to miss him. Call me dramatic, but I was saying "goodbye" and I felt like it was possible it really could be "goodbye". It was our Independence Day; the 4th of July. Chatter on the terror front had escalated a bit before our trip and we both knew that an international flight on the 4th would be a prime target. We tried to book him a flight home on the 5th, but our airline didn't fly on Thursdays.
I remember the longest goodbye ever...
He was gone and I finally let my emotions go. Raw.
Of course he made it home safely. Silly me.
We enjoyed a night of pyrotechnics last night and will surely explode more tonight. We have a parade to attend this morning, too! This is technically Anna's first 4th of July - at least here in the States. I am pretty sure Amy's first little 4th of July outfit won't fit her, so I need come up with something Patriotic to put her in.
I will post pics later.
Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of living in America...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment