Tuesday, July 08, 2008

united

(I have never had a "true" migraine before, but I am struggling with one today. The light and just feeling like I might throw up... Ugh. I am not sure why I am blogging... but I just saw this news and thought it was worth posting.)

Coming down the pike today:



This makes me more than a *little* uncomfortable.
:)
I know my step-mom will know why immediately.
See - a LONG time ago, I was a HUGE fan of Michael W. Smith. Infatuated. I watched the Dove awards one year - cheering on MWS - and waiting for him to sweep the awards. But this new guy - someone named Steven Curtis Chapman - was *stealing* all the awards from my MWS! I was in such a funk about; angry!

Of course, as time went on, I fell in love with Steven Curtis Chapman's music. I have long said that the seasons of my life have follwed SCC - as his music has always ministered to me right where I was at. That continues today with his most recent album "This Moment".

And since we go to every SCC show and tour, well, you can certainly understand why this might be difficult :) I guess it's time to grow up and realize there is room for these two to SHARE a stage. Hmmmm.

And, by the way - haven't been a big fan of MWS in recent years. His music is catchy and pop-y, but I just haven't seen any substance to the lyrics... No disrespect intended.

No comments: