Sunday, August 03, 2008

more on the weekend (and a few pics)

We had a wonderfully busy weekend!
I should back up a day and share a pic that I took Thursday...

 


My two bigs are becomming quite the bakers! We had three brown bananas and frankly - I was a little tired of banana bread. I suggested they find a recipe for banana cake. They not only found a recipe, but tackled a layer cake and did a pretty fabulous job! It was gobbled up entiredly too quickly; evidence of it's "yummy-ness".

Gail had a garage sale over the weekend to raise some funds for her China airfare. I had fun coming alongside to offer a little comic relief and a few items to contribute to the sale. Friday was hoppin'.

The little girls woke Daddy up on Saturday morning. Who wouldn't want this wake-up call?

 


I was out the door shortly after to help with the garage sale.
Apparently the littles continued to enjoy a little rough-housing in our bed, because by 9 am I got a phone call from Ash. She told me to meet them in the E.R. Anna gashed her head open. I heard Chris in the background - obviously panicked by all the blood. Wow. So, I met them at the hospital and we had our first experience with staples. Thankfully, it was on the back of her head (although for our little friend Lauren's benefit, I should add that it wouldn't have been that awful if it had been on the front).

Later that afternoon, we were joined by a whole lotta family! My aunt and uncle from southern Texas came to visit my grandma for the weekend and my cousin and her hubby came, too (along with their cutie little girls!). My Dad and Ralene, Brothers Jon and Christopher (and Joy!) and Grayson and Tate came, too! 17 people in all. We grilled steak and chicken and had a great time of fellowship that lasted well into the evening.

Here's the little kid table at supper (Ashleigh and Austin got to sit with the adults!)

 


After supper, Dad enjoyed some time playing horsey with some of the little ones (front to back - Anna, Amy, Kiera and Grayson)
 


Today was a relaxing Sunday. Church this morning followed by lunch out. Rest (for most) and a little shopping trip to my favorite - T.J. Maxx! I picked up a pair of skinny 5 slim jeans for Miss Amy and a few outfits for Abraham. I also found an amazing cake pan! I ran to Target and grabbed a Double Shot from Starbucks :) and picked up a few necessities. Ahhhhh, the joy of simple things :)

Looking forward to the week ahead. It's pretty laid back. Amy and I have a shopping date to pick up her pink leotard, pink tights and pink ballet slippers! Yup! Amy starts ballet on Thursday! The Olympics start Friday (08-08-08) and we are especially interested in the location of this year's Summer Games ;)

I am sure I have forgotten something, so there may be more later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: