that in ALL these things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
-Romans 8:28
I should have guessed this week would unfold as it has.
This verse started my Sunday bright and early.
And then was part of my pastor's message a few hours later.
Yesterday morning, we had a wierd and funky little rain shower. Not many clouds in an otherwise blue sky. I took the bigs to school - driving east into the sunrise. As we turned north, we were able to see a beautiful rainbow in the west sky. "Ahhhhh. Isn't God fun?!" I thought to myself. "Rainbows come after the storm. Surely we are at the end of the storm of this season, right?" I was trying to fit this sign into my box of how I wanted things to happen. Happily handing God my "order".
I got an email from our agency yesterday stating that our TA had not been sent yet. In my mind, that just means that the soonest I should expect it to arrive might be Monday. Every day that slips by without TA dashes hope that we will travel in October. I am beginning to wonder about November...
A gift - though. I can relax for a few days.
This morning I was listening to an old cd of mine - "My Utmost for His Highest" - a compilation cd of artists songs inspired by their favorite Oswald Chambers daily reading.
SCC has a song on it called "Sometimes He Comes in the Clouds"
These are the places I was so sure I'd find him
I looked in the pages
and I looked down on my knees
I lifted my eyes in expectation
To see the sun still refusing to shine, But
CHORUS: Sometimes He comes in the clouds
Sometimes His face can not be found
Sometimes the sky is dark and gray
But some things can only be known
And sometimes our faith can only grow
When we can't see
So sometimes he comes in the clouds
Sometimes I see me,
a sailor out on the ocean
So brave and so sure,
as long as the skies are clear
But when the clouds to gather
I watch my faith turn to fear, But...
CHORUS
BRIDGE: Sometimes he comes in the rain
And we question the pain
And wonder why God can seem so far away
But time will show us,
he was right there with us, and
CHORUS
All that to say...
Maybe
the rainbow yesterday wasn't the promise that this is all over (like I assumed - here in my box), but that He will get us through (all of us - including Abraham) this storm -
wind,
waves,
rain
and
all.
Surrender... again.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi- I did see David again and said "Hi" for you! He was happy to hear things were going well and you will be back in China soon!!!!
Post a Comment