Oh, man.
I love this little boy.
Big time.
Already.

(random pic that I love because I can almost hear him saying "huh? - which he says a lot)
He is a QUICK learner.
Every time he hears the words "thank you" he quickly signs them.
He is learning the attitude of gratitude.
He is also learning about loving.
We had saved a *few* things from when Ash and Austin were little (opting to get rid of nearly everything, because we were "done!"), and one thing we saved was a little blue boy doll that Ash gave Austin when he was born.
Part of Abe's bed time routine has been for me to kiss and hug the doll and then hand it to Abe.
The first few nights he just let it lay on top of him.
But the past few nights, he has starting hugging it, too. Kinda saying "hugggggggg" while he does it and then pats the baby's back. But last night he kissed it several times, hugged it and patted it's back.
I remember seeing these early nurturing moments with Amy and Anna and it just filling my heart with joy! I get to teach them what a Momma is!
But, here I am with Abraham, and I get to teach him the same things and I guess I never really thought about those kind of tender moments with a boy.
I tell him every night that he is precious.
That he is a treasure.
That I am so blessed that God chose ME to be his Momma!
I hope he knows how much he is loved.
I think he might be learning...
Not a bad lesson.
I love this little boy.
Big time.
Already.
(random pic that I love because I can almost hear him saying "huh? - which he says a lot)
He is a QUICK learner.
Every time he hears the words "thank you" he quickly signs them.
He is learning the attitude of gratitude.
He is also learning about loving.
We had saved a *few* things from when Ash and Austin were little (opting to get rid of nearly everything, because we were "done!"), and one thing we saved was a little blue boy doll that Ash gave Austin when he was born.
Part of Abe's bed time routine has been for me to kiss and hug the doll and then hand it to Abe.
The first few nights he just let it lay on top of him.
But the past few nights, he has starting hugging it, too. Kinda saying "hugggggggg" while he does it and then pats the baby's back. But last night he kissed it several times, hugged it and patted it's back.
I remember seeing these early nurturing moments with Amy and Anna and it just filling my heart with joy! I get to teach them what a Momma is!
But, here I am with Abraham, and I get to teach him the same things and I guess I never really thought about those kind of tender moments with a boy.
I tell him every night that he is precious.
That he is a treasure.
That I am so blessed that God chose ME to be his Momma!
I hope he knows how much he is loved.
I think he might be learning...
Not a bad lesson.


No comments:
Post a Comment