Sunday, May 07, 2006

First week of May

It has been a wonderful week in our home! It has also been a lonnnnnnnnnnng week in our home.

With some time alone today I was able to, once again, gain a proper perspective about Amy's time since we arrived home just three short weeks ago. I have no choice but to praise God for the miracle He is working in Amy's life. I also have no choice but to praise Him for the miracle I know He desires to work in my own heart.

Aside from "sleep issues" Amy is adjusting wonderfully to being an "American Girl". Part of me wants to downplay the sleep "stuff" as a tiny little problem; but then there is that part of me that is exhausted... and that part of me cannot admit to it being a "small problem".

Have I mentioned that Amy is T-W-O??? And have I mentioned that as far as my experience lends itself, two year olds hate to sleep? Ashleigh and Austin were PERFECT sleepers... until they were two! I KNOW that this will pass; I know that there will surely be a day in the not too distant future that I will wonder what the big deal really was.

On to other things...

Amy had her big appointment with Dr. L this week. I must say that she was a trooper and I was so proud of her! She has gained a pound!!! I knew her 22 pound days were numbered... She had blood drawn from both arms and they are pretty sure it wouldn't be enough for the tests that need to be run :( so there will surely be another blood draw. Amy did very well and just cried (I think it was because she was scared - not from the pain); she did not kick or scream.

We bought Amy her first pair of Nike's this week! However - I think she liked Mommy's new shoes a little more...

I love Mommy's shoes!

"I'm not sure how to walk in these..."

My brother Christopher and his wife Joy hosted a wonderful "Meet Amy" party on Saturday night. It was a time for great-grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins to meet Amy! Amy was showered with lots of wonderful gifts to aid her in learning English!


Our family of FIVE!!!

 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a beautiful family! We're so happy for you guys!