So this is pretty much what happens when Amy is TIRED and needs a nap... I have "wimped" out and quit pushing the nap thing. I am pretty sure that at her orphanage she wasn't really forced to take a nap and that they pretty much just let the toddlers collapse and nap where they fell. I decided that I enjoyed her a WHOLE LOT MORE when she wasn't crying for two hours in room and STILL not taking a nap.
We just finished our first full week at home - all three kids and I - and we definately have some "bumps" to work out. I think that once we are able to establish some sort of routine and I can set my expectations for the kids... well, I think things will go more smoothly.One thing the kids have enjoyed doing together is waiting for Daddy to come home in the afternoons. They like to wait on the front porch for him to come home. I must admit that I am a little envious... I don't know how it feels to be missed that much.
We just returned from Missouri where we spent the weekend visiting our "travel buddies" - the two families that we traveled to China with. We stayed with one of the families and had a BLAST! The other family came to spend Saturday with all of us. It was awesome to see the three girls together again! It was SUCH a blessing to see Amy PLAYING with the other two girls! Remember back 6-8 weeks ago in China... Amy watched the other two but didn't interact at all! Here is a picture of all three girls in their matching swimsuits. Such beautiful little princesses!
Another AWESOME thing about the weekend was seeing Amy interact with the other parents. Mr. Brad and Mr. Alan tried SO hard to interact with Amy in China to no avail. This weekend they got to play with Amy and it was so neat to see her "let them in" to her world.Amy loves ICE! Mr. Brad observed this and then shamelessly took advantage of her weakness for the cold treat!
We were blessed that God "put" our three families together!
(D family and S family - we love you guys and are SO thankful for you! Thanks for the great weekend!)

1 comment:
Sounds like you guys are having a blast as a family of five! :) God is awesome...
Post a Comment