I love demolition.
I went to New Orleans in November and worked with Samaritan's Purse. SP was (and still is) working along the Gulf Coast in the areas most devastated by huricane Katrina. Our work team (the Jills and I) along with a rockus (just kidding) crew from Tyler, TX completly "gutted" the home of two NOPD offiicers - a husband and wife - whose home was flooded by the levy break on Lake Ponchatrain. It was the hardest work I have ever done, but the sense of helping this family start with a "clean slate" to rebuild was awesome!
So, that is the reason why I love demolition. I love the idea of destroying something with the intention of re-building.
Not that this post has anything to do with the greater good of humanity; it mostly has to do with my love of demo and our kitchen/family room remodel...
:)
Here are some before and... well, let's not call it "after" but maybe the end of the first quarter?
I went to New Orleans in November and worked with Samaritan's Purse. SP was (and still is) working along the Gulf Coast in the areas most devastated by huricane Katrina. Our work team (the Jills and I) along with a rockus (just kidding) crew from Tyler, TX completly "gutted" the home of two NOPD offiicers - a husband and wife - whose home was flooded by the levy break on Lake Ponchatrain. It was the hardest work I have ever done, but the sense of helping this family start with a "clean slate" to rebuild was awesome!
So, that is the reason why I love demolition. I love the idea of destroying something with the intention of re-building.
Not that this post has anything to do with the greater good of humanity; it mostly has to do with my love of demo and our kitchen/family room remodel...
:)
Here are some before and... well, let's not call it "after" but maybe the end of the first quarter?

Before of kitchen and dining room...
After of newly expanded kitchen...
Before of family room...
After.It's a fun process. Not based on anything of eternal value. Hoping that we can take full advantage of the newly expanded and renovated spaces to invest in something eternal...

No comments:
Post a Comment