Thursday, October 26, 2006

Almost done...

We are nearing completion on the remodel of our kitchen and family room. They are doing the finish work right now and I am starting to do some decorating. I have unpacked almost all of the kitchen boxes and am working on unpacking the things that were in our dining room.

It's kinda hard to decorate this space.

The kitchen has virtually no wall space - and that is fine. I don't have much - if anything - that actually "goes" with new color scheme. The truth is, the new cabinets are art in and of themselves. BUT the family room is another story...

I have been shopping for a new sofa for about three years. I go. I look. I come home empty-handed. The problem has been that I really am drawn to the "transitional" style of decorating - a little traditional and a little contemporary. BUT our family room was a WHOLE LOTTA COUNTRY. So, now that the room has a transitional feel to it (the new mantle has very clean lines, yet a bit of ironwork, too) it almost seems wrong not to run out and get a new sofa. And I couldn't keep my country coffee tables with a more trendy sofa... Well, I guess I am making excuses for actually buying something I don't need, but I want so badly...

Once I have it all decorated and moved in to, I will post a few more pics. That will likely be a few weeks.




 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tami,
I LOVE IT!!!!! SO beautiful!!!!
Debbie