Monday, October 23, 2006

My little "mommies-in-training"

This is hands down one of the most precious pictures I have of my girls... Ashleigh holding Baby Tate and Amy holding Baby. I think I need to print this picture and stick in my Bible with the verses that encourage my heart when I am lacking confidence in my ability to "mother" my children.
First and foremost I want my girls to grow into women that love Jesus and serve Him with all their heart. I also can't help but daydream about these two little girls becomming mommies someday. God is so creative in the ways that could happen: marriage and family, single and loving others' children or maybe even going into full time missions work with children.


We named our Amy after a missionary woman - Amy Carmichael - that served in India for 56 years. She was a single woman who cared for orphaned and abandoned children. She didn't just care for them, but saved them and mothered them. She never married but God still provided her an opportunity to be "Mama" to hundreds. Posted by Picasa

No comments: