Thursday, February 08, 2007

Not much new to report...

I guess that isn't a bad thing.
Unless - of course - you consider that I was holding out on blogging because I wanted to share news that we were DTC (Dossier to China). We are not. But I still expect that will happen this week.

I think that Amy is coming down with something. She has been coughing the last few days and in the delerium in the middle of the night last night, I think Chris said she was running a fever. They are all still sleeping, so I am still not sure. It is probably a good thing that I was planning a day at home today anyway.

Next week we are starting a little remodel project for the master bedroom and Anna's bedroom. We don't have an "old" house (i.e. 100 years old) but it isn't a new house either. It was built in 1975 and we are at a natural point to do some repairs and cosmetic remodeling. There aren't serious issues (we hope) but the outside walls in our bedroom have some termite damage (previous to our ownership) and instead of patching and painting over the walls, we have again decided it best to look for structural issues. We came across an outside wall during our kitchen/family room remodel that required some repair. Beyond that, it is mostly trim and paint for both rooms; stuff we could do, but just can't find the time to do.

Why is it that the master is generally the last room to be done? We have lived here for over 4 years and still have the same decor that we moved in to (that isn't our style). The more children we add, the more I see the value of creating a "retreat" of a master bedroom. Surely there will always be hot wheels and Barbie shoes on the floor, but AHHHH the thought of a space of our own...

My hubby is taking me out tomorrow night for a fun night of dinner (thanks to our brother and sis-in-law from the South) at Carabba's and then on to see "Mama Mia" - a musical based on the music of Abba!!! I have been singing "Dancing Queen" and "The Winner Takes It All" all week! :)

A few random pics of Amy (and again - yes - most of my pics are of Amy - because they are RANDOM and during the day while her Bigs are at school)...


Amy needed some serious "snuggle time" so she helped break in Anna's new carrier for China. It's a Mei Tai carrier - similar to the Ergo (which I LOVED in China with Amy, but the Mei Tai is a bit more fashionable...). Here she is after she fell asleep on my back!


Amy's idea of getting ready to go to Grandma R's house - stylin' from head to toe! She put her hat and mittens on ALL BY HERSELF! And don't forget her sparkly Princess Snow White shoes!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: