(first - I should preface this by saying that I am NOT talking about my Anna; I am referencing a tag line to an article on Yahoo news about the death of the infamous Anna Nicole Smith)
Huh?!
I think we have officially hit a new low in America.
I used to be a HUGE fan of pop culture. Loved the People Magazine; little dirt on Inside Edition, etc. I am still intrigued by some of it - but COME ON!!! Why on EARTH are we discussing why we "cared" about a woman that so few obviously REALLY cared about? From what I know and see, if people really cared about her, she would be alive and caring for her newborn - not dead. If people really cared about her - she wouldn't have started down the long and twisted road that led her to make such horrible choices.
I am sorry that she has left behind a daughter that will never have the opportunity to see her mother as a good role model for her.
So I am choosing to foucs on someone who really deserves 15 minutes...
Her name is Amanda.
She is a foster mother to 15 (currently) special needs orphans in China. She isn't famous. She just felt a call to move from South Africa to China and love on some babies and pour herself out to others. Chinese Starfish is her blog. This woman is making a difference...
Friday, February 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I totally agree!! It is sad, but COME ON!!!! I don't know what will happen to that little girl, but (sadly) she may be better off!
Post a Comment