...to a wonderful thing that happened one year ago today!
(Below is a post that I added to a personal blog I was keeping as we waited for Amy. It was a year ago last night...)
Sunday, March 26, 2006
I will see the goodness of the Lord...
Chris and I just had the most awesome time of prayer!The Dunlaps and the Smiths joined us in a corporate time of prayer this evening at 9 pm. We just decided that it would be of great benefit to join together in prayer for our girls and for travel approval.As Chris prayed, I began to feel a strong sense that I should pray more boldly than I have before regaurding Amy and travel approval. As I prayed, my heart was filled with such gratitude for the awesome things God has already done on this journey. God has provided two other families to become very dear friends to us. Friends that share the same heartache that we do; friends that understand the pain and joy of this journey. He provided that at the time of His choosing - that Mia, Jaelyn and Amy's files would all be sent to Dillon at the same time. He provided that their three families would all live within 4 1/2 hours of eachother!I prayed boldly that God would keep Amy healthy. I prayed that His Spirit would move another believer within CCAA to move our file where it needed to be in order to have travel approval today.I also prayed that God would give us the strength to wait patiently and faithfully for HIS BEST for all of us. It is so hard to have a heart broken and waiting for our daughter and yet - to give all of our feelings and emotions to God and trust His timing for our families coming together.It truly is His. I believe that all three families prayed tonight for travel approval this week; I believe, too, that we all want the BEST God has for us; not our man-made version of best.
And - as you may remember - a year ago today started with our travel approval received (even while we were praying the night before on the fax machine at our agency). Two days later - on the 29th - we had our consulate appointment scheduled. A week after we received our travel approval, I was holding Amy in my arms! How's THAT for a miracle!?
It's a good reminder - as we find ourselves again waiting for travel approval (for Anna) that we serve a BIG God that can do "immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine".
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment