Monday, April 09, 2007

Christ is risen...

He is risen, INDEED!
(Why don't we say that anymore? I heard it once yesterday and that's it...)

Suffice it to say, Easter this year was a LITTLE different in our home than it was last year. Honestly, I am a little shocked that we actually made it to church last year after the whirlwind of traveling 30 hours, but I think we just needed to be there.

This year we woke up after a mostly restful sleep and the kids found their snuggly bunnies with a chocolate bunny to boot!



Then, we were floating along - since all of our clothes were laid out Saturday night - we decided to go to the sunrise service. SURELY we would be having it inside, since it was only 22 degrees...

Coats on...



to take our "token" picture on the front porch.

Then onto church. I forgot my coat, but, again - surely we would be inside!

NOT.

Thankfully, on the way through the youth hallway, I snagged a black leather coat off the coatrack and slipped it on.

It was a blessing to meet the sunrise. Surely the "Marys" didn't pause to consider their own comfort as they rushed to the tomb that first Easter morning to annoint Jesus' body.

Breakfast and worship service followed.

Then, onto brunch with Chris's parents. Yum.



By the time we arrived home after brunch, the sun was shining enough to slip the coats off for the "real" picture.
(notice that Austin already ditched his shoes!)



Then some of my family came over after "happy nappy"
for a light supper and Easter egg hunting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: