Several friends harass me for referring to Amy's naptime as "happy nappy"... I should give credit where credit is due for that little term: Chris. It all originated with him. I love it and we will keep it. Amy is funny if you try to say "good night" to her at naptime. "Happy NAPPY" she says in response.
She is taking a happy nappy right now. And THAT is a good thing. Amy isn't so happy without her nappy. We weren't home yesterday and so she only got a little 15 minute nap in the car. Can I just say that we have been paying for that since last night at about 5 pm? Yuck. She had trouble falling asleep last night (WHO ever said that kids would sleep better at night without a nap? It just isn't true!) and was a JOY this morning as we were heading to church. I was more than happy to pass her off to Wee Worship and Sunday School this morning (where - of course - she was good! Why is it that they are pills for us, but angels for everyone else?).
She learned about Noah this morning (of course the tamed down version of God's judgement on mankind). I think she got it, though. At least the part about God loving Noah and taking care of him and how He takes care of us, too.
Now she is a kangaroo.
I haven't mentioned that, have I? How she loves to oink or neigh around the house - pretending to be an animal? Yup. *sigh* I won't let her do it in public (mostly because I am embarrassed by it). When we get ready to leave the house I say "Amy - baby elephants can't ride in the van, so you need to be my Big Girl now." Yesterday was by far our funniest encounter with one of her animals! We were at Famous Dave's (a BBQ place) eating lunch. She started oinking like a pig! Chris quickly said that maybe Famous Dave's wasn't the safest place to be a "piggy". LOL!!!
A friend of ours that is a missionary to Poland was at church this morning. It was great to see her. She asked if Ashleigh was in 7th grade! Holy COW! I am not very pleased with how tall my oldest daughter is getting - or that she is looking more and more grown up all the time. I miss dressing her in Gymboree with hair bows... Now it's Old Navy bermuda shorts with the little empire style top and ballerina flats. I can handle the ballerina flats, but the stylin' clothes just emphasize the fact that she isn't a little girl anymore.
Austin cracks me up! Friday we were at the church for Bible study and he was playing with his buddies. Somehow he got his thumb stuck and slammed in the door. He SCREAMED bloody murder forever. I calmed him down and got him a bag of ice. I told him to sit and hold it on his thumb for awhile. He had barely caught his breath when he whined back "but I want to play!" His thumb was purple and all he could think of was that he was missing out on 10 minutes of playing!
Well, I think that's about it. I know this was rather random, but that's about all I am capable of these days :) We are still in our "holding pattern" as far as Anna is concerned - but we trust that she will be home soon. The "when" is yet to be determined, but we don't need all those details just yet.
I do still own a camera. I just haven't been putting it in the bag the last few weeks. We are hoping to have a very full day tomorrow - so check back later in the week for some updated pics of three of the most fabulous "peeps" I know...
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment