Monday, August 06, 2007

first day of school!!!

It was a great first day of school today! Our school still doesn't have a name, but we hope to have one by the end of the week!



Barefoot. How else do you take a first day of school picture when you are homeschooled?



Austin working diligently in his journal

\

Ashleigh TRYING to work; Anna trying to "help"



I have decided that I am indeed homeschooling THREE kids - as Miss Amy is very, very interested in learning and doing "homeschool" like the bigs. I am proud to report that Anna only ate two crayons today!
(Actually - she only bit the tips off of two crayons; no consumption occured...)

I can't remember if I mentioned before, but we are easing into school by establishing a routine for mornings and afternoons. We certainly aren't close to knowing how all this will "gel", but I think we started getting a feel for it this morning and this afternoon.

Ash and Austin were able to test out of the first complete chapters of their math books. That was pretty exciting for both of them! They are thrilled to skip over some of the review.

Our theme for the year is Genesis 11:1-3 "Blessed to be a blessing". I am very excited about what I might be able to teach them all this year.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: