I LOVE it when "it" just HITS me!!! And - I consider myself a pretty smart cookie, but I still am amazed when I "get" it and it's like "wow... that's so stinkin' cool!"
I know - the suspense is killin' ya, isn't it?
WHAT?! What has me so "taken"?
Math curriculum.
Huh?
I finally get it! No - not the actual math curiculum, but the simple fact that if something isn't working for one of my kids I can actually DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!
So - back online today to order a few more math curriculums for one of my little peeps that is struggling with the style of the math that I chose. I just think that there is like NO point in two of us getting frustrated when I know that this style just isn't cutting it for said student.
So - are you scared that someone that uses such awful grammar and uses the word "like" in the middle of a sentence is teaching her kids? Me too. But - I am actually more scared (again - horrible grammar) that said student would get lost in the shuffle and learn to hate math because the learning style was all wrong for the student.
Hmm.
So - we are finished with our first week of school and I am exhausted. Tired. Beat. Kicked and whipped. (struggling to come up with more descriptives here...) I get up in the morning at 5 a.m. and enjoy a little "quiet time" with my caffiene and the Bible. Come 6 a.m. though, I am going almost non-stop until I hit the bed at night at about 9 p.m. I think I am going to need Fridays off more than the kids! (Fridays aren't really "off" as much as they are reserved for the electives that we will participate in outside of the home)
Chasing a 1 year old, teaching a 3 year old, reading to the bigs, starting the bigs on language, spelling and math, taking extra time to actually TEACH math to child who is struggling, getting frustrated with said child, feel badly because I lost patience with child... well - I think you get it.
But - the math thing today was a very gentle (yet lovingly firm) reminder that we are indeed doing the right thing.
Next week we will have add the remaining subjects and continue to "tweak" our schedule. I have actually learned a ton this week about how best to teach these little peeps! Yay! 31 years old and still teachable...
Thursday, August 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Tami!
I'm Cindy Goodrum. My girls and I have gotten to "know" your family thru the Dillon boards. We have an LID of 3-7-06. We just wanted to welcome you to the homeschooling family. We have homeschooled for 14 years and love it! We'll be praying for your family's adjustment to this new way of life. Gal 6:9
Post a Comment