We had the awesome privilege of attending the SCC concert last night with our two "bigs"! It felt a little wrong to not have the little girls with us, but I think the older two enjoyed a special night out with Momma and Daddy.
We also had the honor that Mary Beth was actually in Wichita with Shoahannah, Stevey Joy and Maria and I comletely started bawling when the little girls joined Dad on stage...
The reason? It was almost 4 years ago that I sat in my dentist office - thumbing through an issue of Today's Christian Woman magazine - minding my own business. I came across an article about SCC and Mary Beth and their adoption of two (at the time) little girls from China. I cried right there in the office! GOD planted the seed that day!
Austin enjoyed the concert a ton and couldn't wait to "Dive" in!
SCC has been joined on the road during this tour by his two boys:
Caleb Stevenson
and Will Franklin
This tour certainly celebrates SCC music - "old" and new - but another strong focus (as has been in recent years) is adoption! They are apparently kicking off a new campaign called "Show Hope" and it just blows me away! I want to be part of this effort to place orphans with families and help fund families adopting children! More to come on this...


1 comment:
Awww, I love Steven Curtis Chapman! How fun!
Post a Comment