I am out to "de-bunk" a myth today. I love Mythbusters!
No - this is not a scientific "mythbusting" - it's actually just me setting the record straight...
I am not supermom!
To prove this (so maybe this is scientific!), let me share with you my day yesterday...
-alarm set for 5 am goes off; I snooze
-alarm finally pulls me from bed at 5:30 am
-restroom and BACK to bed until Chris's alarm goes off at 6 am
-turn OFF Chris's alarm and sleep until 6:30
-get up (finally)
-don't talk to me; I need coffee to be nice
-dressed
-catch tail end of "Focus on the Family" while hushing my two "awake" kids
-throw waffles in toaster for said kids
-start school (or at least try!)
-kids whine
-more whining
-me yelling
-tv on for two little ones to distract them
-more whining
-more of me yelling
-crying (me and whiney child)
-load kids up to library
-mom runs back and forth between play area (godsend for little ones) and trying to find books for school
-change dirty diaper (because SOMETHING at the library triggers this repsonse in Anna)
-leave library, yell at kids, drop book bag in frustration, yell more only to look up and see someone walking towards me with the look of "you apparently wanted four kids and to homeschool! Why are you yelling?!"
-lunch
-collaspe on sofa for 5 minutes off my feet
-girls down for happy nappy
-finish up school
-help Ashleigh with math (which is as frustrating to me NOW as it was to me in 5th grade!)
-whining has at least subsided...
and so it goes.
We went to my Mom's last night and thankfully at some point after lunch I was able to "chill" a little bit.
For those that would say to me (in kind of an attitudinal type way) "This is what you wanted!" I would respond (with every ounce of sincerity I could muster) "Yes - this is EXACTLY what I wanted." All of this. And I couldn't be more thankful that GOD has blessed me like he has. But - doesn't every mom have the right to have a rough day? Why is it that a stay at home, homeschooling mom of four (two of which are adopted and obviously were chosen) is supposed to be supermom and be happy and not have a tough, PMS kind of day? I don't know.
I know that this is temporary. Heck - I was thinking the other day about when Ash and Austin were 1 and 3! I called Chris at work nearly every day - threatening to have my bags at the door, ready to leave - when he got home! I am not nearly there! Now I look at my nearly 11 and 9 year old and realize that those days are gone forever with them...
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Umm.... T.V. is not a baby-sitter.
:)
just kidding!
Haha! Sounds like my day today...except for the 5am part. I didn't even attempt that! For some reason Hannah has decided to take 6 30-minute naps today instead of 2 3-hour ones. That's not helping...
No! You are absolutely not allowed a bad day :)
I don't even attempt 5 am either! The fact that you do has to mean something.
Post a Comment