There was no other option. I know - you say "you are the Mom! Of course there is another option!". There isn't another option when your poor little 3 year old didn't get to eat dinner at a normal time. There isn't another option when she says "I want McDonalds". Not when THIS is the reason...
Yup. Amy broke her arm.
Apparently she was chasing big brother and she tripped and fell on her arm on the step leading up into our kitchen from the family room. All I know is that she fell and then there was a "thunk" sound followed by silence. Then the wail. Chris stood her up and I knew at that moment that she broke it. Her arm just "hung" there. It wasn't obviously broken (no bones protruding or anything like that). But Momma just knew. I scooped her up and a nasty feeling of dizzynes and queeziness swept over ME! "Chris - I need to sit down..." It's that Momma Hen thing :)
Can I make a little confession? Those three hours in the ER with my precious Amy-Hui were the best three hours I have had in a long time. My third little peep seems to get lost sometimes in this hen house. We snuggled, sang, read books, laughed, drank sugary pop and prayed.
She broke her humerus just above her elbow. A "non-displaced break" that should heal quickly without a "real" cast. She is wearing a splintfrom armpit to fingers.
I am thankful that it wasn't one of those "bone protruding" breaks. I surely would have passed out!
Monday, October 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh, bless her little heart! Halli actually did something similar when she was about the same age. She healed quickly. We'll pray that Amy does too!
Poor Amy! Hope you don't have any more experiences like that!
Aww...poor Amy. We'll pray that her arm heals soon. She looks so cute in that picture!
Post a Comment