Chris and the kids gave me a precious gift - of time away with a few girlfriends in Branson last weekend! I have realized in the past 4 months (since Anna came home) that while jumping from 3 to 4 kids was relatively easy, it is pretty stinkin' exhausting! I mentioned to Chris that I think a twice a year "retreat" might be pretty nice and that I was "feeling" one sometime in November.
I took off on Friday morning bright and early (6 am) and picked up my super awesome best friend Joy (who just happens to be my sister in law) and ran thru the Starbucks drive-thru then hopped on the road that led to Branson.
We stopped along the way to pick up Mia's momma (Kim) and got to love on Mia and Mandy (and Nolan, Garrett and Nate a LITTLE bit) before we stuffed our things into the trunk and continued on to Branson.
We hit Tanger Outlets and found a TON of great deals (and some things that weren't such a bargain, but super AWESOME!). We shopped for the better part of 4+ hours and then checked in to our cabin. I think it took us all of 5 minutes to unpack our jammies and change! I called the kids and told them that I was already in my jammies and they wondered what time it was where I was at!!! (same time zone)
We dove into a weekend of homecooked food, junkfood (PB M&M's, Vault Zero and Swedish Fish), scrapbooking, movie watching and fellowship!
Saturday morning Jaelyn's momma (Wendy) joined us and we scrapbooked some more and then went back to shopping! Never enough good deals! I checked quite a few things off our Christmas and Birthday shopping list!
It was such a relaxing time! I got to do a lot of things that I haven't done in a long, long time...
I am so thankful that my family saw the need for a little break and sent me off with their blessing to enjoy it!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment