Tuesday, December 04, 2007

so - the secret's out!

NO - we are not adopting again...
(yet!)

But - we are selling our home and moving to the country!
I am SOOOOOOOOO excited!

Of course there is "a story" involved and of course, I have to share it!

Chris and I have LONG dreamed of a home in the country! When we were still very young and naive we even wanted a Christmas tree farm (still a possiblity!) that people could come to and pick out a tree and take a hayride and sip hot chocolate around a fire. (I know - a little corny - but that's the way that 18 and 19 year olds dream!)

Now - we are by NO means "farming" people, so living in the country will not include planting, sowing or harvesting (unless we are talking the Word of God and souls!). It is fairly difficult to find a house in the country that isn't in the middle of a field and it is also next to impossible to find a small acreage (local law dictates a minimum of a 40 acre purchase to keep farmland intact) on which to build.

Well, this past spring we found the perfect home! Problem? It wasn't for sale :) We bantered with the homeowners that if they were ever interested in selling, we would be VERY interested in talking. After we arrived home from China in July, we contacted the owner again and asked if they had thought any more about it and basically asked if we could come look at the house together so we would have something to compare other houses to while we shopped around.

I promise you that NOTHING we have seen compares!

So - while I was in Branson a few weekends ago, the owner approached Chris and said they were ready to sell; would we be ready to buy?

I must back up a few steps and reference this entry in my blog...

We felt like we were hitting a wall. The "perfect" home wasn't for sale and we were shopping around a lot and not finding anything we liked as well. Finally, we sensed that God was indeed telling us to "be still" or "cease striving". So we did.

And then this happened.

We obviously have a house to sell and this move won't happend without our home selling. We are trusting that God has opened the doors so far and if (and we really HOPE) we are to move, he already has a buyer prepared for us!

Without posting our location (to maintain an annonimity on this blog), if you know us - you know where we live - and we are asking you to help us get the word out! We have a wonderful 6 bedroom home for sale for a big family and we need them to find us! Email me if you need the specifics!

2 comments:

Connie J said...

Congratulations from one country folk to another! But I really want to see pictures of this awesome country house!

Howard and Kim said...

I think I might be a little jealous of that house on the farm... I'll squish any remnants of jealousy and send you a great big CONGRATULATIONS!! I do SO love to watch God at work!

Kim H