I have been thinking about the answer to that question a LOT lately. Recent answers...
-keeping all my peeps in a row (I would have said ducks, but come ON - I am Momma Hen!)
-what we may do for school next year
-selling this house
-making our new house a home
-whether I want to adopt another peep
-living on a budget
-getting a good bargain
-being a good homemaker
-being a supportive, respectful and encouraging wife
-shepherding my children's hearts
-starting an Adoption Ministry at our church
-Perspectives
Whew! That's exhausting!
I really think these are all God-honoring things. They involve stewardship of time and resources and energy, but are they sapping the life out of me?
Maybe so.
The ringer on my cell phone right now is "Magnificent Obsession" by my favorite - Steven Curtis Chapman. Here are some of the words:
Lord, You know how much
I want to know so much
In the way of answers and explanations
I have cried and prayed
And still I seem to stay
In the middle of life’s complications
All this pursuing leaves me feeling
like I’m chasing down the wind
But now it’s brought me back to You
And I can see again
This is everything I want
This is everything I need
I want this to be my one consuming passion
Everything my heart desires
Lord, I want it all to be for You, Jesus
Be my magnificent obsession
So, I have to ask myself: Is this all for Jesus? Like I said earlier - these are God-honoring things, BUT if I am so consumed with them that I miss out on LIVING for Him, then what's the use?
(a note: I think it's back? What? My ability to think and write! I promise that I had "Mommy Brain" just as much with the adoption of my two littles as I did with the childbirth of my two bigs. I will try to balance out my "deep thoughts" with some fun pics of life in Rooster and Hen's house, but I also think God has a lot he wants me to share as he breaks me and makes me more like His Son, Jesus.)
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment