It wasn't really a "busy" weekend - as some understand the word "busy" (that sounds a lot like Paul, huh?!). We didn't have a lot of activity, but we did have to clean the house for our open house Sunday.
Saturday brought some very, very interesting weather that I believe even took the forecasters by surprise. I sent Chris, Ash and Austin to go to a Grand Prix workday for the kids AWANA cars and they left in a mix of freezing rain and rain. By the time they came home we had some pretty ginormous snowflakes falling. Ash had a small ensemble performance that night and I ventured to take her to that. The ground was pretty covered by that point and the snow was increasing.
Sadly, none of the guests that Ash's small ensemble were supposed to sing for attended the event, but I was able to enjoy a small concert for the parents :) Driving home was CRAZY! By that time, there was a good 6 inches of snow on the roads and it was coming down THICK! We poked along at 30 mph on the interstate and it took us 25 minutes to make the otherwise 6 minute drive.
Sunday brought a huge melt and by the time our open house was over (4 pm) there was very little evidence that only 12 hours earlier snow fully covered everything!
One couple attended the open house. Chris couldn't really read their intrest level. Starting today, we have an ad running daily in our local newspaper and I am sure we will do an open house at least every other weekend from here on out.
Last night, we had our traditional homemade pizza night. The kids love making their own pizzas and adding toppings to their liking. We also watched "Mulan" for the first time last night. Amy was very, very interested in the story and was in tears by the end. I told her when it was over that Mulan is the BEST Disney Princess because not only was she a princess, but the was a hero! As she was falling asleep last night, she was pretending to be Mulan :)
Here's a picture of my four peeps; snuggled down to watch "Mulan"...
(Ash is on the couch in the background)
(Anna doesn't really suck her fingers like Amy; she just likes to copy her!)
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I thought that was YOU on the couch! Ashleigh is really growing up fast!
I'm sorry to hear that you lost the house! I was really excited for you! God has something better. And, I'm glad that you are bonding so well with your litle one. Yes - it is a lot harder than you think. I read that comment that you made and agreed. It is really hard. But - oh so neat. We are still working on the bonding after 2 1/2 years, but it's coming! God is good!
Pam - www.xanga.com/Langhaven
I misread your post... ooops. It was the buyer that fell through. Will watch and wait to see who God brings to buy your house. Pam
Post a Comment