Thursday, March 20, 2008

GNO

That is short for: Girls Night Out!
And *boy* so I need one.
The kids have spring fever and they are finally getting outside! We have to watch for the mud (and somehow Anna can find it!) but we are breaking out the flip flops with gusto!
Ashleigh is finally home (after her extended weekend with a girlfriend and an impromptu overnight with another friend) and we are settling back into the groove.
Austin had a fever, but I think he's over that now (sorry Gail - he came down with that right after he left your house!).
Amy and Anna went to see their specialist on Tuesday and they look AWESOME!!! What a blessing their doctor is to our family and his staff ROCKS! I actually talked to him at length about adoption and fostering. I was excited to share that we just started a community life group at our church for foster and adoptive families and are kicking off an adoption/orphan care ministry. He said THAT is how his family got into fostering! They currently have FIVE foster children! How cool is that?! He also shared that he was in Guangzhou in November to speak at a conference. He loved the city and we had a lot to talk about! How great that he can relate to us on that level?!
We listed the house with a realtor yesterday. We feel great about who we hired and she is excited to market the house. We have a realtor walk-through next Wednesday and she is going to make them breakfast in our kitchen to showcase it :) Chris decided it was just *time* to get it sold and get moved. We feel like so much of our life is on hold right now and the only solution to that is to get moved.
No pictures for now. Just a lot of update...
Oh, yes - back to the title of this post: GNO.
Chris gave me a gift card to my favorite little salon for Valentine's Day. Joy got one from Christopher for her birthday (?). We are using them tomorrow for pedicures and massages!!! Woo HOO!!! Then dinner out! Pray she feels up to it and doesn't have to bail on me; she is almost 14 weeks pregnant and hasn't been feeling well. Her and I need, need, NEED to catch up without 6 kiddos running around :) I love her like crazy and I miss just chatting with her...

2 comments:

Gail said...

I pray that you can have your spa day, with Joy.

As far as I know we are all still healthy here. To be honest, I had never seen Austin that tired but he said it was just from getting up too early. Glad he is doing better.

mommyjoymarie said...

Yes, for my birthday...last October!!
I am looking forward to it too! I need some adult time :)