Monday, May 12, 2008

blizzard

???
Back in the ol' days - when I was "in" Mary Kay, we used to say that when you didn't have appointments on your books (calendar) it was a "white out". That is obviously bad when you are in direct sales.
But now -
I am looking forward to some blizzard conditions! I just glanced at the calendar for next week and it looks like the only thing "scheduled" is a prayer vigil at our church that I am responsible for. Wow. The next weekend we are BEGGING some friends to come visit (it's shameless how I can manipulate people, eh Kim?!), but that isn't a scarey committment, rather it would be a blessing!
It's Monday morning and the 2nd load is in the washer, 1st load is already on the clothesline and I am still in my jammies. I am getting ready to put
The Alter and the Door" (Casting Crowns) into the cd player and tidy up the kitchen a bit. I actually think I am more productive on Monday mornings in my pjs than if I were to shower and get dressed for the day. Wierd.
Ashleigh's recital is over and she made me so proud! She really IS a gifted dancer and I love watching her. It makes me a little sad that she isn't dancing next year (she is joining Action Impact Ministries - a mime troup here locally).
We are going to pick a puppy out of a litter of Golden Retrievers tonight. I am very excited to get her later this week. Speaking of dogs... I am new to this country thing, but HOW do you keep "critters" from eating the pet food?! THe previous owners kept the dog's food in a little barn with a pet door and never mentioned having a problem, but I promise you I have spent over $60 in two weeks on pet food that is apparently being inhaled by some wild critter! I am not really into feeding wild animals! Any suggestions? Whatever it is is wreaking havoc in the barn and apparently scaring Bogey away from eating.
Life After Perspectives (LAP) begins tonight. We are planning to gather for prayer and to chew on what we have learned this year. We desperately want to see God move in our church and community...
Speaking of chewing :)
Still working on what Dave preached on yesterday. He talked about celebratory worship and I am challenged. Yesterday afternoon Chris and I talked a little more about the message. I left deiring to be "more" than I am now. Not to make me look good or to earn something that I cannot earn, but to make God look good and bring maximum glory to His name. I asked Chris what he thought would happen if EVERYONE who heard that message changed their life - even just a little bit. Sadly - we agreed that most people didn't hear what we heard. I think that is evidence of what the Spirit does through his messengers. A quote that Dave used yesterday...
"What, then, is the nature of petitionary prayer? It is, in essence, rebellion - rebellion against the world in all its falleness, the absolute and undying refusal to accept as normal what is pervasively abnormal."
David F. Wells
*sigh*

3 comments:

Gail said...

I love that quote. I think it was the most impactful quote this year for me from Perspectives and I am thrilled Dave used it.

Tami said...

I don't remember that from Perspectives... Who used it? Or was it in the reading (that I didn't do all of...)?

Gail said...

David Wells has an article in the Perspectives text. I think David Bridgeman quoted him in class, with all the other information he gave. :) Anyway, it was from lesson three.