(happy mother's day to our moms!!!)
It is a wonderful Mother's Day, indeed! I was blessed this morning by my children and my husband with some wonderful gifts! Anna got me bubble bath (for my big bathtub), Amy got me a face mask (stress reliever), Austin got me a Casting Crowns cd, Ash made me a stepping stone for the garden and Chris showered me with a few precious gifts: a "quiet time" chair (think Mommy's time out!) with a little table to go with it, a cute new purse and a picture frame with part of Proverbs 31 on it.
We just got back from lunch. I am a little bummed that the brunch buffet I really wanted had a 2 hour wait. It kinda seems unfair (lots of sarcasm...) that the moms with no little kids get to wait for two hours without fussing toddlers to eat a meal that they could probably have any day they want, while moms with hungry, small children have to settle for what isn't busy - Famous Dave's BBQ (isn't that a FATHER'S DAY place?!). Oh, well. My son gave me his cornbread muffin, so all is good with the world! One of the wait staff said "my - you have your hands full!" to which I replied "yes I do - thank you!".
My friend Stacie was in town this weekend visiting and attending her niece's graduation and I was very blessed to see her at church this morning. I miss the fun we used to have together with our girls.
A note - our friends James and Amy will be getting their daughter tomorrow!!! They were part of our original DTC group (for Amy - back in December 2005) and they are finally going to be parents! Technically it will still be Mother's Day here in the States when Amy gets her precious daughter, so Happy Mother's Day, Amy!!! God's many, many blessings on you for your patience. Your faith will be sight today!
We needed a new family picture for something and so today seemed appropriate. It will also go well in my new Proverbs 31 picture frame!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment