Wednesday, May 21, 2008

i know -

you need pictures. I will work on that today.

Unpredicted side effect of being bitten by a spider (followed up with the nasty infection!) is that every little itch or tickle on my skin and I am freaking out about a spider! This CAN'T be healthy or good...

My friend, Pam, came over to help me put Austin's bed together yesterday (loft bed that her and I took apart for the move and we figured we were the best two people to put it back together). We were working upstairs, her 4 kids and my 4 kids playing. Our boys (only two between the two of us) were down at the pond fishing. We hear QUITE a commotion, accompanied by screaming and yelling. I am not too concerned. Next thing we know, Ausin and Jake are outside the window SCREAMING that they caught a fish! It's the first catch in the pond and we are thrilled for him! About 20 minutes later we hear that familiar ruckus and - sure enough - another fish! Yay! We saved them to show Dad when he got home and then they went back to play with their fellow catfish friends.

I was sitting here in my "time out" :) spot this morning - meditating on the deep things of life when I remembered that there are still three boxes packed in the girls closet. Surely THAT is where their beautiful dress up gowns and Snap and Style dolls are! I hope I remember to go unpack that box once they are awake.

My grandma's sweet sister passed away on Saturday. She had cancer and that horrible disease took over her body. I hate cancer. I hate that it snatched my grandma's sister away from her. I hate that my grandma's heart is so sad. I love that God gives us siblings to have as friends for life.

Well, we apparently now have one cat (Bogart), two dogs (Ginger and Gi Gi) and an un-named raccoon! That little bully! We spied him the other night on the deck. Well, this food-line is CLOSED! No soup for YOU! We have gone to feeding the cat first thing in the morning. It is terribly cute, but Ginger has taken to "protecting Bogey" on the deck. Bogey hangs out on the potting bench (I think that's what it's called - I don't actually USE it!). Ginger lays on the deck below Bogey and it's very sweet to think that Ginger wants to scare the 'coon away. She DOES love to bark at that thing like CRAZY!

Well, my goal is to get a pic of my kids today and get it on here. Just satisfy those who thing a blog should actually have some pictures on it.

2 comments:

The Ordinary Horse said...

Yes, pictures pleaseee! I'm enjoying reading your farm adventures. From one farm-mom to another...more cats may follow, more spiders and yes, bites of a different species...catching fish can be addicting...and racoons, well, they'll find food whether the food line is closed or not! Have fun with that one!!

The Frasiers said...

ok. so after reading your blog today...i have questions about adoption. i guess i just need more information. i went to the website that is on your blog...so sometime if you have time i would love to talk to you about it.

also...why are you posting blogs at 3:45 in the morning?