Tuesday, May 20, 2008

infection

So. The arm with the bite was looking pretty nasty yesterday. Red, hot. I called the doctor and they wanted me to come in. It is infected. Pretty amazing to me what antibiotics can do... It is looking much better today. I can sure tell my body is fighting something, though. I have been consistently been taking 1-2 hour naps every day since it happened. I may WANT to take a nap on any given day, but there seems to always be so much to do that I don't. I have literally had no choice but to sleep the past 6 days.
I would take a picture to post of the bite, but - did I mention it's in my armpit?! I have let way too many people look in my armpit the past few days...
:)

Another quick - but very important thing...
I have a new friend and her name is Jody. She is married to a super guy named Andy. I don't know Jody that well yet and I have never met Andy, but here is something I do know about them both: they are radically obedient to the Father. They have 4 precious sons by birth and are in the process of adopting twins. Without going into details, would you please lift Jody and Andy up this week especially? Some very critical decisions are being made in regaurd to their case this week and my heart is breaking for them. Pray that the officials involved would truly see the babies need for a forever family. Pray that God will provide the support Jody and Andy need right now - both thru Himself and thru friends and family. Pray that their travel approval will come quickly and that they will be free to bring these precious little ones home.

No comments: