Friday, May 23, 2008

the plan all along...

Was that today would be a day of celebration! I struggled with how to celebrate this day amid the grief of Maria Sue Chapman's tragic death. And then the thought occured to Chris and I that if we knew the Chapmans, they would insist that today still be celebrated. So - with that in mind, I have some pictures for you...

a few things I picked up this week from Target and Old Navy
 


and another picture of my "time out" corner (check this post for a picture that is missing a few items that are in THIS picture...
 


That's right!
It's a BOY!!!
We can't post his picture until we have our Pre-Approval, but we can tell you his name will be Abraham Caleb and that he is almost 15 months old. We can share a picture with out PA, but we aren't allowed to share his Chinese name or location until we have him home - which will be this fall - shortly after the Olympics!

It's pretty much been a zoo around here as we moved and did a homestudy at the same time! All the while frantically gathering a dossier. We are SO thankful our buyers agreed to move up the closing date (which was originally supposed to be today) so that we could do our homestudy for the new home and not have to ammend it once we moved.

:)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay yay yay! I've been wondering if this was in the works for you all the last couple of weeks... I'm so very happy for you all. And I'm sure Austin is excited to have a little brother!
Love,
Cammie

~Mis-Wen~ said...

Congrats growing Lakey family! We will certainly be praying that the wait to your little guy is shorter than longer!

Hugs from the Dunlap Crew!

Connie J said...

Well, that was a pretty sneaky way of announcing Abraham Caleb :) I guess now you know whether we READ the posts or just view the pix! Congratulations! Love the name!

Laura said...

We're so excited for all SEVEN of you! Wow! That sounds like a lot. :) It sounds like you'll be traveling sooner than you originally thought? That would be great!

Les said...

What!!!? I can't believe you're getting a boy! I didn't know you were adopting again!
We're waiting here in Wichita for pre-approval on our little boy from China (20 months)!!! Maybe they can be friends!!