Thursday, June 19, 2008

tagged by Laura

My sweet sis in law Laura tagged me :)

-Favorite person: I think it's still Chris - but we haven't really spent a lot of time together lately :)

-Favorite food: smores!

-Quirk about me: I have a certain way of hanging laundry on the clothesline and it bothers me if it's not perfect.

-How would the person who loves you the most describe you in ten words or less? My hubby actually did this several months ago and he did it in one word (but it's actually a few): Proverbs 31. I think it's a stretch - for sure! - but I am answering the question.

-Any regrets in life? Read it for what it's worth (and it should show that I live with few regrets...): that I didn't get a tatoo when I was younger and "stupider" because I am way too mature and logical to do it now :)

-What can you NOT live without? coffee. I've tried. It isn't pretty.

-Favorite blog: This one I don't know this mom, but she is amazing and I am inspired...

-Something you can't get enough of: watching my kids play together

-Worst job you ever had: Why can't I think of something???

-What job would you pay not to have? Any of Mike Rowe's jobs

-If you could be a fly on the wall anywhere, where would it be? The CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs)

-Favorite Bible verse: Psalm 37:7 "Be still before the LORD and wait patiently on him."

-Guilty pleasure: smores :)

-Got any confessions: I would rather let my my kids have their own way than discipline them or tell them "no" - but I know that my kids would be brats if I let them have their own way all of the time.

-If you had $1000 to spend on YOURSELF, what would you spend it on? a new laptop

-Favorite thing about your house: it's "home"

-Least favorite thing: That big, nasty spider Chris found the other day.

-One thing you are bad at: Waiting.

-If you could change one thing about your current circumstances, what would it be? I think I would want to know WHEN we were traveling to China; not necessarily make it right now, but just to know.

-Who would you like to meet someday? The little girl in Guiyang, China that Chris and I fell in love with back in 2005.

-What makes you feel sexy? When Chris tells me I am.

-Who is your real life hero? I think it's Pastor Dave. I have so much respect for his advice and opinion. I have watched him lead our church through some pretty major changes over the past 5 years and he has led with a balance of grace and truth.

-What is the hardest part of your job? Being patient.

-When are you most relaxed? In the morning when I am drinking my first cup of coffee, before anyone else is awake.

-What stresses you out? Constantly correcting toddlers for the same thing - over and over. Did I mention it would be easier to let them have their own way?

-Favorite quote: “No resume can predict why a man or a woman,at a safe distance from a crisis, suddenly announces, “This is my fight.”
(Greene)

-Why do you blog? I think it's a great opportunity to share my ongoing testimony with others; some that I will never know.

-Who are you tagging? Pam and Connie

No comments: