Saturday, July 26, 2008

vacation

Yes - we did go on vacation :)
I know I haven't blogged about it yet.
We came home to so much "stuff" that I haven't really processed even now...
But - we DID go on vacation, so I figured I needed to prove it with a few pictures :)

On the way to down on Friday, we met some of our travel buddies from Amy's China trip for dinner. We had a great time catching up and were blessed to share the evening with them. Here is a picture of Amy and Jaelyn after supper.

 


We spent a few days at Silver Dollar City (in the BLAZING heat and humidity!!!). We saw a little Veggie Tales show there and the girls LOVED it! It's funny - because Ashleigh and Austin loved Veggie Tales when they were little and I just really never got into with the girls. Probably because all the shows were on video and we don't have a working vcr. Anyway - the girls were excited to meet Bob and Larry after the show.

 


We crammed all six of us into one little hotel room and made little pallets on the floor for the girls. They loved it and I think it helped with the transition for Anna into a toddler bed once we got home.

 


I wanted to post this pic of my sassy little 11 year old. We went to a butterfly house and watched a 3-D movie with these sylin' glasses...

 


We were taking turns making "grumpy faces" (since Amy was grumpy and we were trying to distract her) and this is as grumpy as my happy boy could muster!



Big Brother giving littlest sister a piggy back ride



Ash and Anna riding a caterpillar :)




One thing I left this little vacation with was that Branson with a family of 6 is EXPENSIVE! We spent SO much money on food that I can hardly fathom eating out for weeks now! We didn't budget so well for this trip :( I think we can really see the value now of staying in a little pricier hotel that has a kitchen and cooking for ourselves while on a Branson-style vacation. That doesn't really end up being much of a vacation for Mom, but adding Abraham to the family isn't bound to make it any less expensive (you DID see his cheeks, right?!).

:)

No comments: