Sunday, August 10, 2008

Austin's 10th Birthday Trip!

It isn't his birthday yet (October 25), but since we aren't sure when we will travel to bring Abe home, we decided that we needed to pro-actively plan the boys' trip. They decided on a boys fishing weekend at Lake Texoma. They literally just pulled in with their haul :)

Here are my boys on their way to the lake

 


On the way down, they stopped at Bass Pro Shops in OKC (Mom's idea!). Austin got to do a little target practice :)

 


First thing Saturday morning (around 6:45 a.m.) Austin and Dad set out with their guide - and I am not making this up - Booger! I don't care what the man's name is - he took my boys to the fish and that's all that mattered :)

 


Austin's first bass of the day - over 8 pounds! Yay, buddy!

 


They brought home a total of 21 bass - all cleaned and already in the deep freeze! We'll be trying out a few new recipes :)

I think Austin had the BEST trip and Chris had a little fun, too!

I might ask Chris to guest post and share a few more details...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gail said...

Glad you had a good time Austin. That fish is huge! Happy Birthday (early)

Kim said...

Looks like the guys had a great trip!
Have a great week!
Kim S