Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Yangjiang girls

Yesterday was such a cool day!
We got to meet up with three other girls from Yangjiang, China.
They are all from the third orphanage there - Yangdong.
Amy is from Yangjiang City and Anna is from Jiangcheng District.

Amy was the oldest in the crew and Anna was the youngest.



But the story is more than just 5 girls getting together...
Much more.

Two months after we came home with Amy, I was *looking* at waiting child lists.
I know - bad Tami.
I saw a beautiful little girl in Yangjiang and thought it would be awesome to have daughters from the same city.
We decided to pray. Not necessarily if we should adopt her, but that God would bring a family to her and she would come home.
We knew we were not her family.
A few weeks later, I noticed a new gal on one of my Yahoo groups.
The story she shared about her new daughter sounded familiar.
:)
I contacted her.
This little girl we had prayed for, from Yangjiang, had a family!
But it gets better...
I gave her the link to our travel journal.
She read it and emailed me back.
Come to find out: Sarah and her husband read our journal while we were in China and reading it led them to change from requesting a healthy infant to searching for a special needs toddler.
So, we have a few pretty amazing connections.
Meet Eliza.



She is precious.
It was great for me to meet her.
And great for Sarah to meet Amy.



And here is Emma, Jaiden, Eliza, Anna and Amy.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Ordinary Horse said...

Awwwwww...made me cry all over again. Tami, it was amazing to meet you, Anna and especially Amy. I'd say, "you don't know how amazing", but I know you do. I have had dreams about meeting Amy. I just wanted to scoop her up and hug her. She's beautiful, inside and out. You're an awesome mom. Anna is hysterical and will be the life of the party, I'm sure! So glad that we could make this happen. Thanks for driving to meet us. Sarah and Eliza (p.s. please e-mail me the two photos...my group photo didn't come out and I love the one you captured of Eliza)