Friday, September 12, 2008

lazy friday; random thoughts

Ugh.
Rain, rain. Go AWAY!

I really can't remember the last full day of sunshine. A few glimpses peeking through the clouds, but a day full of it? Nope.
Anna went to bed with a fever last night and woke up with a little bit of one this morning.
That -
combined with MORE rain, and I called a "jammie morning" in our house!

I got the big kids out the door to school and then we retreated back to bed and watched cartoons and ate "breakfast in bed" (a.k.a. Apple Jacks and apple juice).


I know which choice is best for me...

...but darn it - coffee just tastes BETTER than water!
(am I the only one who struggles with this choice every morning?!)

I *am* a good mother, though. My girls ate carrots with their cookies for lunch!

(yes - we ate cookies for lunch! In our pajamas! Gotta problem with that?!)

You can't really see very clearly, but we have a little creek that runs on the north side of the house and it feeds into our pond. That creek is rarely even a trickle of water; not the case today!!!


We have had probably 11 or 12 inches of rain - today! I think we have a break right now, but the flash flooding is phenominal! The ground is so saturated that we have several little creeks forming in our yard - running to the pond - because there is no where else for the water to go.

I am feeling really relaxed today - for the first time this week.
Part of the extra work this week was related to extra paperwork required by our government since Chris isn't traveling to China with me. Have I mentioned how annoying it is to me that we have to continue to prove to USCIS that we are fit and capable parents?

We have had the blessing this week of seeing God's provision in surprising ways...
not the way we would have guessed.
He is providing for the expenses of this adoption by reducing the amount of outgo required.
Some orphanages have increased the orphanage donation recently; it appears that Abraham's orphanage has NOT done that yet! Let's just say the savings on that is more than enough for one plane ticket.
Another possible savings will be determined within the next few weeks - but it could also be pretty big.

We have consulted a new specialist regaurding Abraham's eye. She really strongly recommends surgery ASAP. Please be in prayer that we will be able to determine what is best for Abraham's health and attachment and be able to make the best decision for Abe. The big picture of surgery for him involves a consult, the surgery (which is outpatient), staying the night in the city of the hospital, an appt the next morning, a follow up at one week, two weeks and possibly at three weeks. The hosiptal is about a 3 hour drive from our home. Obviously - we need to get him home and have him seen in order to make an informed decision.

We are now waiting on our TA (travel approval). Those have been taking approx 3 weeks from the LOA. That puts us receiving that - possibly at the end of the month.

I think I am going to take Ash out for dinner tonight. Maybe find her some church clothes?
Happy Friday!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wish I were there sharing your lazy Friday with you all....I think Cookies for Lunch is a GREAT Idea. Praying that TA comes faster than expected!(remember,if not God's timing is perfect...we should that down by now shouldn't we...but for some reason,it just doesn't make it any easier, and I can't seem to make that concept stick)
Love ya
Kim

Shelley said...

I know you already know this but, your girls are so beautiful! I love the one of them in bed with their Apple Jacks! And I don't see a thing wrong with cookies and carrots. I'm glad you had a lazy Friday!

Gail said...

I am all for PJ days. We haven't has enough of them lately. SO cool about the orphanage fee. God is so good. Praying with you for TA, and for Abe surgery.