:)
Not much going on here, but for those who are terrible disapointed with the lack of posting
here ya go!
Day 77 came and went without any call from Kathy at our agency. It is silly to have expected it so quickly. I can't explain it without just saying it is hope. Hope that stirs me out of bed in the morning. Hope that keeps me jumping with each ring of the phone. Hope that makes me look in my rear view mirror and imagine his little face sitting there looking back at me. Hope that makes me panic a bit when I think of my weekly outing to Krispy Kreme with the littles - and imagine three of them! Hope that makes me nearly obsess about what he will feel like in my arms. On my hip. Hope that makes my arms ache... because they are empty.
Whatever. I know that this is our third adoption in 2 1/2 years. But it is heartless for anyone to tell me that I should hurt less because I "already have four kids".
Amy came to me with tears in her eyes the other day and said that she "missed Abraham". She climbed into my lap and wept. Then she looked at me and told me she was going to pray. And she did. Something like this: "Dear God, please bring Abraham home NOW. And help me be a good big sister to him and kiss his head and sing to him when he is sad. In Jesus name - Amen" Does it get any more precious than that.
These are the things I am dealing with.
Monday morning I just wept as I considered how blessed I am. I have the most amazing kids in the world and I couldn't ask for anything more.
But I do.
I ask God to bring me one step closer to this amazing little boy in Beijing. An amazing little boy who may not even know what a momma is or that he is getting one.
But please don't think it has been melancholy here this week!
Joy abounds!
Gail and I went on our semi-annual consignment date tonight. It was fun. Poor Gail. Two kids to shop for. She waited for quite some time on this momma of FIVE to finish shopping. And then we went to Chipotle for supper (Chris hates that place, so I don't get to go very often!) and ate on the patio. It was fun to talk. I am a little worried that we talk too much, though. What will we talk about in China for a week if we already know everything about eachother?!
Well - this is what you get sometimes. Tami. Rambling.
I am still hoping that tomorrow will hold exciting news of TA (travel approval)! Even if it doesn't, the littles and I have a breakfast date with Daddy - so that is enough reason to get up and going tomorrow.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sending prayers your way... I know that wait never gets any easier. It would be so nice if people could just "get it" ...the connection of our hearts across the world. It is all about Love,Love,Love! We are doing our best to pray Abe home...
Love ya friend,
Kim
Oh,and BTW... I love to read your blog even when you just ramble (:!
Kim
I have this feeling today is the day. I really hope I'm right.
I know all too well have painful waiting can be - and how insensitive people can be. Praying for you.
Post a Comment