Thursday, September 04, 2008

warning: I am about to go all "political"... kinda.

Ok.
So here's the deal.
First - I moderate my comments and the joy of a blog is that I can publish whatever I want to :)

But please at least "listen" to my heart on this one...
I am not a political junkie. That is my hubby.

But here is what I see...
I see a presidential candidate who adopted a cleft affected daughter from Bangladesh.
I see a veep pick that "looks" a little more like me than any other candidate - ever.

I know that McCain has some serious sin in his past; but I will not cast the first stone. I know that Palin has some "stuff" in her family, but good grief - we are NOT responsible for the decisions of others.

All I know is that I am brought to tears every time I listen to her talk. I am not overly political, but I can relate to this mom of 5 with a special needs child (we have three by choice). I can say with certainty that I could not relate at ALL with some *other* female candidates in recent memory...

I guess that's all I have to say. Today. I am very excited about Mrs. Palin. Wow. I would LOVE to absentee vote for her and McCain on November 4.

(Gail and Connie - you really should look into that possibility...)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Thank you for not nitpicking about women leading over men in the civil realm!! Let God be God and vote for the best person for the job!

Katie

Shelley said...

Oh Tami! I loved her speech too. And I absolutely had a lump in my throat as she spoke about special needs kids. I really do think she would be wonderful on so many levels. Go political anytime you want. : ) It is your blog! Oh! And for the record, I hope you have to vote by absentee ballot too! It took me a few minutes to get that, but I did! : )

Anonymous said...

Right on sister!

~Mis-Wen~ said...

You know me.....I am all over this! :) I was completely moved by her speech. And for the record, she has more EXECUTIVE DECISION MAKING experience than any of the
3 men. She was just real....and that is what I like! No question who I am voting for!

Blessings~
Wendy

Laura said...

That's funny...I've been slowly writing a blog post about McCain/Palin over the last few days. I'm slow. It may take me a few more days to finish it. But I'll be the odd woman out. I'm not impressed. McCain really kind of disgusts me, for several reasons. Yes, he's better than Obama (who completely and totally disgusts me), but I'm not the least bit excited about him. Palin seems to be smart, competent, talented, etc. but I have major reservations about her as well. I think that women ruling over men (in the civil realm or otherwise) is a huge issue that is very significant. But I guess if we all agreed the world would be a pretty boring place, huh? :)

Laura said...

Okay, so I went back and read my comment, and I don't think that she's all bad! I agree with a lot that she says and stands for. My biggest concerns are that 1) she is a woman and although I (we) haven't yet come to a final decision on the issue, I think that there are big problems with women (and especially wives/mothers) in office. And 2) I think that her views on a lot of things are excellent, but I also think that she is sacrificing so much and that her family has and will suffer from the path that she has chosen to take.

I suppose I should get myself in gear and finish writing my own blog post instead of sharing all of my opinions on yours! Please come over and share your opinions when I'm done!